Tl;dr: At Ayazona.com, we’re used to moving fast as we build a new infrastructure for making access to food more affordable. We now need to move twice as fast — and particularly in making our product more accessible to the right users. How? Invite talented people (especially an experienced marketing manager) to join us, give a clear mission, and let her/him do the magic. This is the time to join if you want to make a lasting impact on our product and society.
Expand our reach (with the same quality)⚡️
At Ayazona.com, we move fast. For example, we built a completely new fulfillment system for our logistics from the ground up in just a few months — including all software, and fleet management systems. Normally building this would take years, and the typical result would be a black box you can’t change or improve fast. Instead, we aimed for complete end-to-end control over our systems, resulting in more efficiency levels in record time.
We already had ambitious plans to move faster. Now, in light of current crisis, we don’t just need to move fast, we need to do everything much faster than anticipated. To increase our capacity, we have already recruited 150+ new fleet members in just two weeks. However, we need to do way more than this to provide even more customers with affordable food in the months to come.
That’s why we’re writing this post; to share our challenge and ask for your help. 🤞
Time for growth! 🚀
It’s more important than ever to grow the team behind our logistics platform. Building our unique logistics platform from scratch in a single team and getting it to work in record time is one thing. Getting it in the hands of every single user who will directly benefit from it, and stay happy is something truly different. It’s a huge challenge, but we believe it’s doable. We just need more people with the right mindset, grit and experience onboard to make it happen.
Specifically, we need help to solve these challenges in the next 6–12 months:
- Marketing Strategies: Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning etc).
- Product Position: Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding.
- Marketing Discipline: Build the marketing discipline for an emerging line of business from the ground up.
- One more thing: We are building a very transparent company culture. However, there is one thing we wish to fulfill that we can only share with those on the inside. It’s an exciting one.
So to all the product marketing managers out there reading this, we need your help to:
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and work with our Analytics team for qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning etc).
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, by being informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for our product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding.
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products.
- Work with the Finance and Product teams to set pricing that aligns to the product value proposition and with our users' success.
- Partner with the Product and Growth Marketing teams to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis.
- Apply industry knowledge, finance expertise, and general acumen to craft thoughtful go-to-market strategies with the goal of creating more value for Ayazona users and Ayazona.
- Build the marketing discipline for an emerging line of business from the ground up.
How we work
How can we achieve all these? We think the answer is great people and a great culture. If we get the right people in and keep building on our culture, we’re confident we can trust those people to make it all happen. Let’s share a few thoughts about how we think and act:
- We’re a mission and value-driven company. Our mission is to make access to food more affordable for everyone, and we value customer focus, efficiency, reliability, working in teams of teams, and thinking long-term about everything we do.
- We're combating some complex issues that we believe can only be solved by coming together as a society, increasing food affordability and accessibility, pioneering a sustainable Africa by engaging in elimination of food wastes.
- Unique to many other teams, our team works across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
Key roles and teams right now
While we offer great job opportunities in most of our Product, Fleet & Tech teams, we are in particular looking for experienced product marketing specialist:
- Product Marketing Manager: To help define and amplify the Ayazona story and connect our products with the right users; by supporting the organization in developing and growing new brand relationships with our products.
If you want to help make food more affordable in Africa, build a sustainable environment that really matters to society, and shape the future of our product, team and company in a defining moment, now is the time. Reach out as soon as possible; we’re ready to talk.
Thanks for reading. We hope to hear from you!
Samson (co-founder and CTO), and the rest of the Product & Tech team in Ayazona.com.